Case study: VentilatorChallengeUK
• Joint effort across McLaren Group accelerates ventilator production from 50 a week to 200 a day
• McLaren helps deliver 13,437 ventilators to double stock available to the NHS
• More than 100,000 individual components manufactured by McLaren in just 10 weeks
• McLaren collaborates with partners and suppliers to procure 50% of parts for Penlon ventilator
• President’s Special Award for Pandemic Service awarded to McLaren by the RAEng
With car production and racing suspended amid the covid-19 pandemic, McLaren answered the UK Government’s urgent call for industry to save lives by playing a pivotal role in the production of more than 13,000 medical ventilators to treat covid-19 patients. As part of the VentilatorChallengeUK consortium – a group of major industrial, technology and engineering businesses from across the aerospace, automotive and medical sectors – McLaren Group deployed its capabilities in design, rapid prototyping, electronics, production and high-value manufacturing, via a joint effort from McLaren Racing, McLaren Automotive and McLaren Applied, to scale up production of desperately needed ventilator equipment in record time.
Find the full story on how McLaren answered the nation's call in the fight against covid-19 on the McLaren Racing website.